Adrenaline junkies: Glass Skywalk in Tianmen National Park, China.
want to walk in the sky? check out this awesome glass walkway in the mountains of China!
Your trip to Tianmen mountain will start with a ride on the worlds longest cable car ridge with spectacular views The ride takes around 39 minutes and covers 7 kilometres. It glides over mountain tips and includes swift steep inclines as you reach the summit of the mountain.
One of the up and coming main attractions of Tianmen Mountain has got to be the glass skywalk which attracts daredevils from across the globe. Okay its not that scary, but you will no doubt see tourists clinging to the edges as we saw and refusing to walk any further – yes we actually witnessed this happening to the guys behind us!! Its certainly not the longest thrill seekers walk but on a clear day its a pretty awesome sight to see your feet dangling over the massive shear face 1,400 meters high drop below!
Top 5 things to see on Tianmen mountain
- cliff hanging walkway The cliff hanging walkway is built along the edges of the mountain gripping the sides of the cliff.
- The Glass skywalk is similar except the base is made of glass! The walkway is 60 meters long
- Tianmen temple itself is great to explore, originally built in the Tang Dynasty.
- The open chairlift is another adrenaline rush as you scoop over the treetops in a chairlift with a tiny bar as the wind rolls through your hair
- Tianmen cave is also known as heavens door. It is a hole within the cliff face, eroded away. A walkway goes up to the top of the mountain.
- The Coiled Dragon cliff is the newest glass skywalk which opened in August 2016, over 1,400 meters high!
walkways cling to the cliff edge as you navigate around the park
under cover areas for a rainy day
And for the Skywalk!
you will need to wear shoe covers to avoid damage to the floor
Incense at the temples